About Student Debt Warriors
If you’re a college student who’s overwhelmed trying to figure out how to pay for school, a graduate struggling to pay back your student loans, or a parent trying to save for your child’s college education, it’s easy to feel like you’re stuck in a losing battle. But you’re not alone.
Student Debt Warriors is a free website that is dedicated to helping people just like you in their struggle against college debt. Whether your goal is to afford college, pay back your loans, or start saving, we’re here with the information, tips, and advice that you need to be successful.
Our goal is to help raise a new generation of student debt warriors. Are you ready to join the ranks?
Who We Are
To be honest, right now “we” is just “me.” My name is Tim, and like a lot of people who went to college, I graduated in 2011 with a substantial amount of college debt: More than $60,000 worth.
I’ve since paid down a lot of my debt, though I still have a bit to go. Along the way, I’ve made a lot of mistakes. Mistakes that have cost me money. Mistakes that have cost me time. Mistakes that have cost me peace of mind.
Graduating into the poorest job market in generations thanks to the 2007-09 recession definitely didn’t make things any easier, but if I’m being honest then I’ve also got to own up to the fact that some of those mistakes were of my own making. And though I kick myself every time I think back to those mistakes, I am grateful for one thing: They forced me to learn and to grow.
I started Student Debt Warriors in order to share everything that I’ve learned with other people who are struggling to understand and navigate the confusing world of student loans. I don’t want you to make the same mistakes that I did.
So whether you’re a high school student getting ready to apply to colleges, a current college student freaking out about what happens after graduation, a graduate struggling to make your payments, or a parent who wants to help their child pay for college, Student Debt Warriors is here to help you succeed.
More About Tim
Just in case you wanted to know a little bit more about me, here are the essential facts that you need to know:
- I’m a cat person.
- Curry is life.
- I graduated from UConn in 2011 with a BA in English and about $65,000 in student loans.
- I currently work in marketing, but I used to work in publishing as a book editor.
- In addition to my full-time marketing job and running Student Debt Warriors, I’m a freelance writer and editor.
- My friends tell me I work too much.
- They also tell me I drink too much coffee.
- Though I might come across as a suave, confident, and handsome person, don’t worry: I am just as crippled by self-doubt and anxiety as the rest of you.
Remember, I would never recommend a company, product, or service that I don’t honestly believe could help you in your fight against student loans and on your journey to better financial health.
In the sake of transparency, here are all of the companies that Student Debt Warriors currently has an affiliate partnership with. Clicking on the links below will bring you to the affiliate offer:
- Acorns: You and I both earn $5 when you use this link to open an account with Acorns.
- Stash Invest: You and I both earn $5 when you use this link to open an account with Stash.
- Simple Bank: You and I both earn $20 when you use this link to open an account with Simple bank.
- LendEdu: If you click on this link and choose to refinance your student loans through LendEdu I will earn $300. If you choose not to apply for a loan or you are not accepted, I don’t get anything.
- Credible: If you click on this link and choose to refinance your loans through Credible, you and I will both earn a bit of money depending on the total amount you are seeking to refinance. If you are refinancing an amount over $30,000, I will earn $1,000 and you will earn $200. If you are refinancing an amount under $30,000, I will earn $100 and you will earn $100.